• Knowing when to season and how
• Appreciating the simple process of reducing a sauce
• Allowing meats and poultry to rest so they release maximum flavor
• The simple art of straining a sauce for a refined condensed flavor
• Knowing why dried herbs are no substitute for fresh
In Simply French, acclaimed food critic and best-selling author of Trattoria Patricia Wells works side by side with award-winning French chef Joël Robuchon to distill the best of the French table for the American cook. Among the 125 exciting recipes you'll find in Simply French are Potatoes "Chanteduc", a perfect Roast Chicken, Beef Tenderloin Roasted in Herb-Infused Salt Crust, Marbleized Chocolate Wafers, and Cinnamon-Chocolate Mousse.