After a dozen years of incremental changes, C# has become one of the most versatile programming languages available. With this comprehensive guide, you'll learn just how powerful the combination of C# 5.0 and . NET 4.5 can be. Author Ian Griffiths guides you through C# 5.0 fundamentals and teaches you techniques for building web and desktop applications, including Windows 8-style apps.
Completely rewritten for experienced programmers, this book provides many code examples to help you work with the nuts and bolts of C# code, such as generics, dynamic typing, and the new asynchronous programming features.
You'll also get up to speed on XAML, ASP. NET, LINQ, and other . NET tools.
- Discover how C# supports fundamental coding features such as classes, other custom types, collections, and error handling
- Understand the differences between dynamic and static typing in C#
- Query and process diverse data sources such as in-memory object models, databases, and XML documents with LINQ
- Use . NET's multithreading features to exploit your computer's parallel processing capabilities
- Learn how the new asynchronous language features can help improve application responsiveness and scalability
- Use XAML to create Windows 8-style, phone, and classic desktop applications