It's true: you can build native apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone with C# and the . NET Framework-with help from MonoTouch and Mono for Android. This hands-on guide shows you how to reuse one codebase across all three platforms by combining the business logic layer of your C# app with separate, fully native UIs. It's an ideal marriage of platform-specific development and the "write once, run everywhere" philosophy.
By building a series of simple applications, you'll experience the advantages of using .
NET in mobile development and learn how to write complete apps that access the unique features of today's three most important mobile platforms.
- Learn the building blocks for building applications on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone
- Discover how the Mono tools interact with iOS and Android
- Use several techniques and patterns for maximizing non-UI code reuse
- Determine how much functionality can go into the shared business logic layer
- Connect to external resources with .
NET's rich networking stack
- Read and write data using each platform's filesystem and local database
- Create apps to explore the platforms' location and mapping capabilities