If you're preparing to roll out IPv6 on your network, this concise book provides the essentials you need to support this protocol with DNS. You'll learn how DNS was extended to accommodate IPv6 addresses, and how you can configure a BIND name server to run on the network. This book also features methods for troubleshooting problems with IPv6 forward- and reverse-mapping, and techniques for helping islands of IPv6 clients communicate with IPv4 resources.
- DNS and IPv6-Learn the structure and representation of IPv6 addresses, and the syntaxes of AAAA and PTR records in the ip6.arpa IPv6 reverse-mapping zone
- BIND on IPv6-Use IPv6 addresses and networks in ACLs, and register and delegate to IPv6-speaking name servers
- Resolver Configuration-Configure popular stub resolvers (Linux/Unix, MacOS X, and Windows) to query IPv6-speaking name servers
- DNS64-Learn about the transition technology that allows clients with IPv6-only network stacks to communicatewith IPv4 servers
- Troubleshooting-Use the nslookup and dig troubleshooting tools to look up the IPv6 addresses of a domain name, or reverse-map an IPv6 address to a domain name