With its support for dynamic programming, C# 4.0 continues to evolve as a versatile language on its own. But when C# is used with . NET Framework 4, the combination is incredibly powerful. This bestselling tutorial shows you how to build web, desktop, and rich Internet applications using C# 4.0 with . NET's database capabilities, UI framework (WPF), extensive communication services (WCF), and more.
In this sixth edition, .
NET experts Ian Griffiths, Matthew Adams, and Jesse Liberty cover the latest enhancements to C#, as well as the fundamentals of both the language and framework. You'll learn concurrent programming with C# 4.0, and how to use . NET tools such as the Entity Framework for easier data access, and the Silverlight platform for browser-based RIA development.
- Learn C# fundamentals, such as variables, flow control, loops, and methods
- Build complex programs with object-oriented and functional programming techniques
- Process large collections of data with the native query features in LINQ
- Communicate across networks with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Learn the advantages of C# 4.0's dynamic language features
- Build interactive Windows applications with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Create rich webapplications with Silverlight and ASP.