C++ from scratch teaches C++ programming in the context of building a real, working application. Readers design and build Decryptix!, a game of logic and code-breaking while learning how to program in C++.
The Concept Web on the inside front cover graphically illustrates the interrelationship between the programming concepts and techniques used to build the Decryptix! application. This handy application blueprint will make it easy to locate critical programming topics in the book.
* Work with variables, constants, statements, and expressions to a working program
* Use object-oriented analysis to
write the product specification
* Apply the Unified Modeling Language to create an object-oriented design
* Become skilled at using classes,
member variables, and methods to
implement the design in C++
* Understand encapsulation, polymorphism, and inheritance to create robust and reusable classes
* Study the concepts of name-spaces, templates, and exceptions to arm yourself with cutting-edge tools
* Familiarize yourself with the
Standard Template Library to build