Fully revised and updated for ADO 2.5 with three new chapters
The ability to access and manipulate data on your web site is becoming ever more important, and ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) with Remote Data Services (RDS) provide a powerful combination to achieve this. ADO 2.5 is the latest release of this technology, with two new objects. This book quickly gets you up to speed on ADO and RDS, and provides in-depth coverage of using them to maximum effect in ASP web applications. You'll also find many reusable code examples, to get you on the road to building your own data access web applications that work over your LAN, intranet or the Internet.
Who is this book for?
Professional ADO 2.5 RDS Programming with ASP 3.0 is aimed at developers who need to keep abreast of the data access technologies that will shape the future - in particular, how ADO and RDS technology can be exploited to build
powerful web applications that are able to access various data sources.
Experienced developers will find comprehensive detail, and plentiful code
examples. Newcomers to distributed data access applications will be able to quickly grasp the concepts, techniques and implications involved, and build up their knowledge. This book assumes a basic knowledge of ASP and SQL.
What does this book cover?
* Introduction to data access and remote data management through ADO and RDS
* The ADO 2.5 objects - what they do and how to use them
* Data shaping, disconnected recordsets and other specialized recordsets
* The RDS objects and aspects of remote data access
* ASP and ADO data access with Oracle
* Building an ADO data services layer using COM+