Centrifugal Pump Design presents a clear, practical design procedure that is solidly based on theoretical fluid dynamics fundamentals, without requiring higher math beyond algebra. Intended for use on the factory floor, this book offers a short, easy-to-read description of the fluid mechanic phenomena that occur in pumps, including those revealed by the most recent research. The design procedure incorporates a simple computer program that allows designs to be checked immediately and corrected as needed; readers learn to calibrate the performance calculation program based on their own test data. Other important features of this book include:
- Up-to-date coverage of detailed design data
- Guidance on selection, troubleshooting, and modification of existing pumps
- A numerical example illustrating the design of a pump as readers move through the book
- Manual calculations - including worked examples - and personal computer program listings critical to pump design
- Ample references to all subjects for further study
This unique handbook closes the gap between research and application and puts the fundamentals of advanced fluid mechanics where they will do the most good: in the hands of engineers, teachers, and designers who create industrial pumps.