If you use Entity Framework in Visual Studio 2008 and . NET 3.5, this is the book you want. Programming Entity Framework, 1st Edition offers experienced developers a thorough introduction to Microsoft's core framework for modeling and interacting with data in . NET applications. This hands-on tour provides a deep understanding of Entity Framework's architecture and APIs, and explains how to use the framework in a variety of applications built with Visual Studio 2008 and .
From the Entity Data Model (EDM) and Object Services to EntityClient and the Metadata Workspace, this highly acclaimed first edition covers it all.
- Understand the core concepts you need to make the best use of the Entity Framework (EF) in your applications
- Learn to query your data, using either LINQ to Entities or Entity SQL
- Create Windows Forms, WPF, and ASP. NET applications
- Build ASMX web services and WCF services
- Use Object Services to work directly with your entity objects
- Delve into model customization, relationship management, change tracking, data concurrency, and more
One important note: while many of the lessons from this book will continue to be valuable as you move to .
NET 4, the thoroughly revised second edition of Programming Entity Framework (August 2010) specifically targets Visual Studio 2010 and . NET 4 -- where there have been many advancements and additions to the framework.