C++ is a powerful, highly flexible, and adaptable programming language that allows software engineers to organize and process information quickly and effectively. But this high-level language is relatively difficult to master, even if you already know the C programming language.
The 2nd edition ofPractical C++ Programmingis a complete introduction to the C++ language for programmers who are learning C++.
Reflecting the latest changes to the C++ standard, this 2nd edition takes a useful down-to-earth approach, placing a strong emphasis on how to design clean, elegant code.
In short, to-the-point chapters, all aspects of programming are covered including style, software engineering, programming design, object-oriented design, and debugging. It also covers common mistakes and how to find (and avoid) them.
End of chapter exercises help you ensure you've mastered the material.
Practical C++ Programming thoroughly covers:
- C++ Syntax
- Coding standards and style
- Creation and use of object classes
- Debugging and optimization
- Use of the C++ preprocessor
- File input/outputSteve Oualline's clear, easy-going writing style and hands-on approach to learning makePractical C++ Programminga nearly painless way to master this complex but powerful programming language.