Scale the spectacular Dolomites, peer into brooding volcanoes, explore medieval villages or saunter along sparkling coastlines - this guide walks you through Italy's wealth of natural beauty, history and culture.
• detailed descriptions of 55 walks, from easy day strolls to multi-day adventures
• quality two-colour maps for each walk
• tips on the best camping grounds, rifugi (mountain huts) and pensiones
• transport information to get you to and from the walks
• step-by-step introduction to the exciting vie ferrate (iron ways)
• illustrated section on Italy's flora and fauna