Even for experienced developers, the Microsoft .NET Framework is a big leap forward for application development. With the enormous quantity of technical information, web sites, and bocks available, .NET can be bewildering.
This book distils the essence of .NET, readying you for future development projects with the .NET Framework.
What you will learn from this book
This book will show you:
* What .NET is: the Framework, the infrastructure, and the products Why Microsoft has revamped its development and runtime model, and how this will affect you
* How the .NET Framework provides multi-language support, a common type system, memory management, garbage collection, and new deployment models
* The tools that the .NET Framework's clans library provides to develop Windows and web applications, and to access and manipulate data
* How .NET supports middle-tier components with transactions, security, and messaging - and how to use existing DLLs and COM components
* The vital rote played by web services, and their role in future software development
* The path to a successful career in .NET
What you need to know
This book is for developers who:
* Have software development experience, preferably in Java or Visual Studio technologies
* Want to learn about the possibilities and implications of the Microsoft .NET Framework