If you build your Scala application through Test-Driven Development, you'll quickly see the advantages of testing before you write production code. This hands-on book shows you how to create tests with ScalaTest and the Specs2-two of the best testing frameworks available-and how to run your tests in the Simple Build Tool (SBT) designed specifically for Scala projects.
By building a sample digital jukebox application, you'll discover how to isolate your tests from large subsystems and networks with mocking code, and how to use the ScalaCheck library for automated specification-based testing.
If you're familiar with Scala, Ruby, or Python, this book is for you.
- Get an overview of Test-Driven Development
- Start a simple project with SBT and create tests before you write code
- Dive into SBT's basic commands, interactive mode, packaging, and history
- Use ScalaTest both in the command line and with SBT, and learn how to incorporate JUnit and TestNG
- Work with the Specs2 framework, including Specification styles, matchers DSLs, and Data Tables
- Understand mocking by using Java frameworks EasyMock and Mockito, and the Scala-only framework ScalaMock
- Automate testing by using ScalaCheck to generate fake data