With this 196-page book, you can:
- Save money:Extend your Mac's useful life and postpone buying an expensive new computer.
- Save time:Work more efficiently rather than constantly waiting for your Mac to catch up with you.
- Eliminate irritations:Banish the spinning pizza of death. Reduce startup and application launch times.
- Work smarter:Learn power user tricks for getting more done with less effort.
You'll learn answers to questions like:
- What are the eight quickest fixes for Mac performance problems?
- Which common claims about Mac performance are myths?
- How can I objectively measure my Mac's performance?
- Which popular Mac OS X features have hidden (and severe) speed penalties?
- What are the best ways to find and eliminate CPU and RAM hogs?
- Can I make my Mac faster by freeing up disk space?
- Will defragmenting my disk, repairing permissions, or clearing caches speed up my Mac?
- When is an SSD (solid-state drive) a smart upgrade choice?
- Which hardware upgrades are worth the money, and which should I avoid?
- If Web browsing is slow, how can I tell where the bottleneck is?
- How can I make my Mac start up, go to sleep, or wake up faster?
- How can I type faster?
- How can I make my mouse pointer move faster or more fluidly?