Learn fundamental Web design principles and become comfortable working in Dreamweaver's complex interface!
Dreamweaver 8 is a great Web design tool for pros, but newcomers may be overwhelmed by its interface or want to know more about how to work creatively and intelligently in the program. Help is at hand in Take Control of Getting Started with Dreamweaver, which offers a detailed tutorial for making your first site in Dreamweaver.
Author Arnie Keller, who teaches Web design at the University of Victoria, shows you how to style type the smart way with CSS, create a sophisticated page layout using layers, and design a template-based site with an interactive navigation bar. This book also breaks new ground by linking to video screenshots (check them out now!) that show you exactly what to do.
Read this book to learn the answers to questions such as:
- How can I experiment with different type formats?
- Can I control exactly where text and graphics appear on my pages?
- What's the best way to make a navigation bar that will help people find their way around my site?
- I want all my pages to have the same header and footer - how do I set up a template that automatically takes care of these repeating elements?
- How do I transfer my site to a Web server from within Dreamweaver?