Get a solid grounding in all the fundamentals of Cocoa Touch, and avoid problems during iPhone and iPad app development. With this revised and expanded edition, you'll dig into Cocoa and learn how to work effectively with Objective-C and Xcode. This book covers iOS 6 in a rigorous, orderly fashion-ideal whether you're approaching iOS for the first time or need a reference to bolster existing skills.
Learn about features introduced with iOS 6, including Objective-C language advances, autosynthesis, autolayout, new view controller rotation rules, unwind segues, state restoration, styled text, and collection views.
- Learn Objective-C language details and object-oriented programming concepts
- Understand the anatomy of an Xcode project and all the stages of its lifecycle
- Grasp key Cocoa concepts such as relationships between classes, receiving events, and model-view-controller architecture
- Learn how views and layers are managed, drawn, composited, and animated
- Become familiar with view controllers and their relationships, along with nib and storyboard management
- Fully explore all basic interface objects such as scroll views, table views, and controls
- Delve into Cocoa frameworks for sound, video, sensors, maps, and other features
- Touch on advanced topics such as threading and networking