- Store session data in the browser with local storage objects
- Save trips to the server: store larger amounts of data with IndexedDB
- Give browsers limited access to a user's system to read and upload files
- Take your app offline-and speed up page loading when it's online
- Use Web Workers to create multithreaded applications
- Transfer data between browser and server more efficiently with Web Sockets
- Learn about HTML5 tags for forms, multimedia, graphics, and geolocation
"HTML5 is all the rage these days, but it's more than just a buzzword.
Programming HTML5 Applications provides the knowledge to guide you through all the new technologies needed to make modern web applications."
--Ralph Whitbeck, cohost of The Official jQuery Podcast