Would you like to integrate Google+ with an existing website, or build your own social application on the platform? Developing with Google+ takes you on a tour of the Google+ APIs, with lots of concrete examples and hands-on projects. You'll learn how to take advantage of Google+ social plug-ins, communicate programmatically with Google+ over REST APIs, and author real-time Hangout Apps.
Over the course of this book, you'll follow the progress of a fictional company, Baking Disasters, as it incorporates all the features of the Google+ platform.
- Make the most of social widgets such as the +1 button, Badge, and the Share button
- Use performance tuning techniques to speed up social plugins on your site
- Create your own plugins by accessing public data APIs with RESTful web services
- Transform an blog into a social web application through server-side processing
- Use OAuth to authenticate users and authorize your access to their private data
- Extend Google+ Hangouts programmatically and create your own application