Ready to put your ActionScript 3 skills to work on mobile apps? This hands-on book walks you through the process of creating an Adobe AIR application for Blackberry Tablets from start to finish, using the Flex 4.5 framework. Move quickly from a basic Hello World application to complex interactions with Blackberry APIs, and get complete code examples for working with tablet components-including the accelerometer, GPS unit, camera, file system, and multitouch screen.
This is an ideal resource no matter how much Flex experience you have.
- Use Flash Builder 4.5 to create and debug a Flex Mobile project
- Choose a layout option to determine which files Flash Builder autogenerates
- Obtain permissions you need to install your app on a Blackberry Tablet
- Read and write text files, browse the file system for media files, and create and write to an SQLite database
- Learn how to use native qnx components within your application
- Publish your app to a BlackBerry installer file with Flash Builder