--John Allsopp, author and founder of Web Directions
"Jonathan's book is the most comprehensive documentation available for developing web applications for mobile Safari.
Not just great tech coverage, this book is an easy read of purely fascinating mobile tidbits in a fun colloquial style. Must have for all PhoneGap developers."
-- Brian LeRoux, Nitobi Software
Device-agnostic mobile apps are the wave of the future, and this book shows you how to create one product for several platforms.
You'll find guidelines for converting your product into a native iPhone app using the free PhoneGap framework. And you'll learn why releasing your product as a web app first helps you find, fix, and test bugs much faster than if you went straight to the App Store with a product built with Apple's tools.
- Build iPhone apps with tools you already know how to use
- Learn how to make an existing website look and behave like an iPhone app
- Add native-looking animations to your web app using jQTouch
- Take advantage of client-side data storage with apps that run even when the iPhone is offline
- Submit your applications to the App Store with Xcode
This book received valuable community input through O'Reilly's Open Feedback Publishing System (OFPS).
Learn more at http://labs.oreilly.com/ofps.html (Lien -> http://labs.oreilly.com/ofps.html).