Medical Microbiology, Fourth Edition provides a comprehensive, up-to-date, and clinically relevant introduction to this broad and fascinating subject. It delivers balanced coverage of bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology - while remaining concise and reader-friendly in its presentation. The result is a source you can depend on for the microbiology knowledge that's essential today!
This one-of-a-kind text...
• is thoroughly updated to include the most recent discoveries in the field as well as the latest epidemiologic data.
• focuses at all times on medically important information, omitting extraneous details.
• includes a full section on Immunology that is detailed enough to serve as a text in its own right.
• presents numerous clinical correlations and clinical case studies, teaching you to think like a health professional.
• uses a logical and consistent chapter format throughout to make the material easy to master.
• offers hundreds of clinical photographs depicting the diseases caused by various microbes.
• features a vivid, full-color art program-with abundant, multicolored boxes and summary tables-to keep the content readable and make information easy to find.