Create powerful new ways to work with business partners and suppliers with this MICROSOFT(r) MASTERING learning system. You'll work at your own pace-learning how to use Microsoft Site Server 3.0, Commerce Edition, to create robust, business-to-business electronic commerce solutions.
The textbook and the companion CD-ROM work hand in hand, helping you master essential site development concepts and providing critical skill-building practice. By the end of the course, you've learned how to create a custom eCommerce site-ready for business!
Take your business to the Net-with expert instruction direct from Microsoft:
• Set up the Commerce Interchange Pipeline (CIP) to transmit and receive purchase orders, business data, and other transactions over the Internet or an existing EDI system
• Use CIP Manager, COM+, and the Microsoft Visual Basic(r) 6.0 development system to create custom components for your transaction-processing pipelines
• Build and manage business objects with eXtensible Markup Language (XML) and eXtensible Stylesheet Language (XSL)-for seamless information exchange between applications, servers, and companies
• Learn how to convert data from XML to EDI and back
• Develop dynamic, searchable online catalogs of your products and services using Active Server Pages (ASP) technology
• Use Active User Objects (AUOs) to store session data and enable real-time credit-card processing
• Learn how to register and authenticate e-partners-and help keep your site secure
• Gain techniques for optimising your site for performance, scalability, and availability.