The writers' workshop provides creative writers with a time-tested teaching and revision tool, and business and technical professionals with a new and effective alternative to impersonal peer reviews and scientific workshops. In this intense, interactive, gift-based forum, writers help each other hone their craft and improve individual pieces of work.
Writers' Workshops & the Work of Making Things describes in detail how to conduct and participate in a successful creative or technical workshop. You will learn from the author s own struggles, as well as from the collective experience of the software patterns and creative writing communities.
• Origins of the writers' workshop
• How the workshop works
• The nature of creative work
• Workshop players and settings
• Workshop preparation
• The author s initial presentation
• Restating and summarizing the work
• Providing positive feedback
• Suggestions for improvements
• The author s response and revision
Whether you write poems, short stories, documentation, or software, the collective energy of a writers' workshop can significantly enhance innovation, clarity, and effectiveness in your writing. Writers' Workshops & the Work of Making Things will help you get the most from a workshop experience.