Set up and support Windows 2000 Active Directory services-and prepare for the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
exam-with this official Microsoft study guide. Work through the modular system of lessons and exercises for practical
experience implementing and administering Microsoft's next-generation directory service. As you build these real-world system support skills, you're also preparing for MCP Exam 70-217-a core requirement on the new MCSE track for
Here's what you'll learn.
* Planning, configuring, and administering your Active Directory infrastructure
* Configuring Domain Name System (DNS) to manage name resolution, schema, and replication
* Administering the user environment and software with Group Policy
* Deploying the Windows 2000 operating system remotely using
Remote Installation Services (RIS)
* Using Active Directory technology to centrally manage users, groups, shared folders, and network resources
* Implementing and troubleshooting security in a directory services infrastructure
* Monitoring and optimizing Active Directory performance
Here's what's inside.
* Comprehensive self-paced training that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
* Skill-building practice exercises that help you apply what you learn to the job
* Lesson summaries and end-of-chapter review questions to help gauge your progress