More than a spectacular encyclopedic reference to the fascinating history, art and architecture of the French Alps, this Everyman Guide also offers invaluable up-to-date practical information.
• 10 detailed itineraries, offering the most comprehensive coverage of the two départements of Savoie and Haute Savoie: Chambéry, the gateway to the Alps; Aix-Les-Bains and the Lac du Bourget; the Massif des Bauges and the Albanais; Annecy; the Chaîne des Aravis; The Genevois; Lake Geneva and the Chablais; the Vallée du Giffre and the Faucigny; the Pays du Mont-Blanc; the Tarantaise and the Maurienne.
• Extensive coverage of the French Alps' culture, history, lifestyle, literature, religion, language, cooking and of course their natural history. With special inserts on the mountains, nature reserves, winter sports, snow and avalanches.
• Comprehensive listings of ski resorts and their facilities.
• Entertainment, sights and places of interest, including walks, fishing, swimming, canoeing, white-water rafting, climbing and caving...
• Comprehensive hotel and restaurant listings.
• Over 2,000 specially commissioned illustrations including 3D-architectural drawings.