This popular textbook gives a clear and lucid account of the underlying principles of statistical methods. The fourth edition has been revised and updated to reflect the growing popularity of statistics and chemometric methods and new approaches in optimisation and experimental design. The authors have also addressed the quality of analytical chemistry data and experimental results, an area of increasing concern to chemists testing the safety of food and medicines.
Key features of the new edition:
- Expanded material to create new chapters on "Experimental Design and Optimisation" and "Multivariate Analysis"
- Completely new chapter on "The Quality of Analytical Measurements"
- Revised questions with complete solutions throughout the text
- Updated worked examples including calculations performed using Microsoft Excel and Minitab
- Glossary and a flow chart to guide readers in their choice of significance tests
- Instructors' manual and companion website available.
This book will suit undergraduate, M.Sc. and graduate courses in Analytical Chemistry and related topics, and will also be valuable for researchers and chemists working in analytical chemistry everywhere.