Now, there's an up-to-the-minute, hands-on guide to using open source tools to protect any Linux system! Completely updated for the newest tools and distributions, Linux System Security, Second Edition covers virtually every facet of Linux Security, from firewalls and intrusion detection to authentication and secure Web services. You'll master over a dozen crucial open source Security tools, including sudo, portmap, xinetd, Tiger, tripwire, ipchains, pam, crack, and more. Along the way, three long-time Linux sysadmins will show you the "gotchas," rules of thumb, and undocumented tricks it would take you years to learn on your own!
• Preparing Linux systems for a production environment
• Using Bastille to lock clown Linux systems without unnecessarily compromising their functionality
• Combatting Trojan horses, backdoors, password cracking, buffer overflows, spoofing, DoS, and more
• OpenSSH: eliminating eavesdropping, connection hijacking, and other network-level attacks
• Detecting intrusions with network sniffers and port scanners
• Protecting mixed Linux/UNIX environments
• Understanding Security policies
• Firewalls, email, Web services, filesystems, applications, and much more
Want the benefits of Linux without the Security risks? Get Linux System Security, Second Edition!