Sophisticated graphics are crucial to a wide range of applications. Now you can create awesome graphics using Java technology without the expense and hassle of platform-specific development. Sun Microsystems Java technology architect Vincent Hardy shows you how-in full-color! From text manipulation to geometry rendering, compositions and image manipulation, you'll see exactly what can be done-and learn how to do it, step-by-step with detailed code examples.
Java 2D API Graphics offers an in-depth overview of the Java 2D API, its architecture, features, components and possible applications. It also introduces Hardy's exclusive Graphic Layers Framework-a high-level programming model that dramatically simplifies programming with the Java 2D API (included free on the accompanying CD-ROM).
Key topics covered include:
* Fundamental Java 20 API principles and concepts: shapes, text, images, color management, compositing, transformations and more
* Rendering tradeoffs between speed and quality
* Simple to advanced code examples
* Leveraging the power and complexity of the Java 2D API with tools and higher level programming models, such as the Graphic Layers Framework
* Combination and extension of the Java 2D API features: custom points, strokes, composites, filters and more
* Composition techniques for special rendering effects such as shadowing, neon glow, textures, embossing, lighting and more