The use of design patterns in J2EE applications is an exciting new field, adding to the existing wealth of software design patterns. However these patterns do not exist in isolation, and inevitably they need to be assembled to form larger and more complex frameworks. Selecting patterns and turning them into real-world solutions is never an easy task. Furthermore applying patterns to address business and technical requirements poses enormous challenges.
This book is a guide to creating scalable and secure J2EE applications using patterns; including sound object-oriented design principles and real-world practices. The aim is to offer designers and developers access to the best techniques for designing and building J2EE solutions.
This book is not intended to be a catalog of J2EE patterns; rather the focus is on solving problems with patterns and devising implementation and deployment strategies. Each chapter is oriented around using patterns to achieve a specific purpose or more generally contribute to a goal.
Who is this book for?
This book is for developers who are familiar with the J2EE platform, and want to learn how to better utilize this technology. Developers and architects alike will be interested in how to exploit the power of patterns in their J2EE applications.
What you will learn from this book:
* How to apply patterns to construct a robust and manageable web tier
* How to apply patterns to construct a reusable persistence framework
* How to apply patterns to improve your applications' performance and scalability
* How to apply patterns to manage your applications' security
* How to apply patterns to enable enterprise integration