Sunrise atop Fuji-san, steaming volcanoes, natural hot springs, ancient temples and pilgrim trails, wild subtropical jungles, spectacular gorges, unique wildlife and nature's seasonal shows - explore the wonders of Japan with this meticulously researched guide.
• detailed trail notes with kanji for more than 70 day and multi-day hikes
• 70 detailed, custom-drawn contour maps with kanji
• accommodation options from gateway cities to remote camp sites
• tips on transport to and from the trailheads
• practical advice on local culture, responsible hiking and pre-hike preparation
• quick reference language section, glossary and gazetteer with kanji