FIND EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS TO MACHINE COMPONENT PROBLEMS!
While focusing on the fundamentals of component design, this practical text helps readers learn how to solve engineering problems that involve mechanical components. A proven problem-solving methodology guides readers through the process of formulating machine component problems accurately and presenting solutions clearly.
In addition, numerous solved examples and end-of-chapter problems help readers master the material. Graphical procedures help readers visualize the solution format, develop added insight about the significance of the results, and determine how the design can be improved.
NEW FEATURES OF THE THIRD EDITION
* Open-ended design problems have been added to most chapters. These problems are based on making decisions that involve materials, geometry, and operating conditions.
* Material selection charts are now included as an aid in choosing appropriate materials for specific applications.
* Finite element analysis is covered in several sections to provide an introduction to this useful tool.
* Web site addresses are added throughout the text, providing access to additional information on topics ranging from industrial standards to properties of materials.
* Innovative, web-based problems are integrated throughout the text, requiring use of the Internet to solve design problems.
* The text has been completely updated with new illustrations and photographs.
* A CD-ROM, included with the text, contains HiQ Software by National Instruments, three representative sample problems with solutions, and MathCAD and HiQ problems.