As companies begin to migrate to and develop new applications on the .NET platform, it is imperative that developers familiarize themselves with this new platform, and the languages associated with it, quickly and efficiently.
By delivering a concise introduction to the new Visual Basic .NET language, this book provides an indispensable tool to help experienced Visual Basic programmers migrate to the .NET platform. Microsoft has introduced many new, and enhanced, features for Visual Basic .NET, including full object-orientation, enhanced web design, and simplified code deployment. This book will get Visual Basic developers rapidly up to speed with these, and other, important new features, so that they can dive into real-world application development based on Visual Basic .NET as swiftly as possible.
Who is this bock for?
This bock is for experienced developers with a background in Visual Basic, ASP, or VBScript, who want a brisk, yet effective, tour through the differences between Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic .NET All of the concepts, examples, and explanations are valid for version 1.0 of the .NET Framework.
What this book covers:
* An introduction to the .NET Framework and the new Visual Studio .NET IDE
* A concise review of the new language features of Visual Basic .NET
* New Windows user interface and web capabilities of Visual Basic .NET
* Data access using Visual Basic .NET and ADO.NET
* New installation and deployment features
* Interoperating with VB6 and migrating VB6 code to Visual Basic .NET