If you work in 3D, you must have this book. More than a compendium of techniques for the texture professional, digital Texturing & Painting gets to the heart of being an artist in the digital realm. With this inspired guide, you'll learn to translate the environments you experience into an expressive, complete digital style:
- Study and describe materials and their textures in the real world
- Avoid the seduction of technology as you explore the traditional techniques and artistry of painting masters throughout the ages
- Differentiate surfaces by their textural qualities, such as color, reflections, and wear and tear
- Build materials and textures through digital techniques combined with the use of traditional mediums
- Bring wireframes to life through detail and color
- Create vivid scenes and beautiful surfaces.