Are you a software developer or project manager looking to exploit the power of object technology in your development process for the first time? Do you need a practical, example-driven introduction to object-oriented analysis and design? If so, look no further. This book explains the benefits of using the object-oriented approach for software development as well as providing a state-of-the-art account of the technology available. Employing numerous real-life examples to illustrate its application, the use of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) in object-oriented analysis and design is explained systematically by an experienced practitioner. New to the second edition of Developing Software with UML:
• all chapters comprehensively updated
• contains two new chapters on analysis and design
• fully compliant with UML 1.4
• offers solutions to problems that cannot be solved by UML alone.
• takes the reader step-by-step through the development process
• uses one continuous example to show how each principle and concept is applied in practice
• explains the basics of UML in detail, with individual examples
• uses cross-references that allow readers to follow the software development example, learning the appropriate features of UML as they become relevant
• can be used as a tutorial on the application of UML
• uses Java for coded examples
• covers the Object Constraint Language (OCL).