Contributing to Eclipse offers
- A quick step-by-step tutorial. Have your first plug-in running in less than an hour.
- An introduction to test-driven plug-in development. Confidently create higher quality plug-ins.
- The Rules of Eclipse. Seamlessly integrate your contributions with the rest of Eclipse.
- A design pattern tour of Eclipse. A cook's tour of Eclipse with patters.
- A comprehensive tutorial. See all the techniques necessary to write production-quality contributions.
Erich Gamma and Kent Beck introduce you quickly, yet thoroughly, to Eclipse, the emerging environment for software development. Instead of simply walking you through the actions you should take, Contributing to Eclipse, with its many sidebars, essays, and forward pointers, guides you through Eclipse. You will not just do. You will also understand. Whether you need to get up to speed immediately or want to better understand the design rationale behind Eclipse, Contributing to Eclipse is the Eclipse resource for you.