Even with the advent of newer imaging modalities, plain film radiography remains one of the most effective and commonly used imaging approaches for diagnosing chest conditions. Reading chest x-rays is therefore an essential yet sometimes challenging skill. Few resources promote a richer mastery than Chest Radiology : Plain Film Patterns and Differential Diagnoses !
Covering 23 of the most frequently encountered image patterns, this book systematically shows you how to interpret these findings and arrive at a diagnosis.
• Each chapter begins with a series of radiography, followed by questions, tables of differential diagnoses, and discussions of the diseases most likely to present with such a pattern. The answers to the questions appear at the end of the chapter.
• Discussions explore the pitfalls of plain film radiography, emphasize the importance of clinical correlations to narrow down the differential diagnosis, and provide indications for CT, HRCT, biopsy, and other procedures.
• Closing summaries offer you one more tool for assessing your grasp of the information covered in the chapter.
This 5th Edition offers you...
• Enhanced coverage of CT, MRI, and other alternate modalities.
• Updated coverage of lung cancer, TB, and AIDS.
• Expanded discussions of perception and analysis of film observations.
• Thorough revisions throughout to reflect the most current practices in chest radiology.
If you want to hone your chest diagnosis skills, simply work your way through Chest Radiology : Plain Film Patterns and Differential Diagnoses, 5th Edition !