C# is a modern, object-oriented language that combines the simplicity of Visual Basic with the power and flexibility of C++. C# bas been specifically designed by Microsoft to be the language of choice for writing applications for their new .NET platform - the first development platform designed from the ground up with the Internet in mind. As well as providing a tutorial to the C# language itself, this book provides a great introduction to the .NET Framework and will give developers everything they need to orientate themselves in this exciting new environment and start building real-world applications. Who is this Book For?
Existing developers, probably with a C+ +, Java, or Visual Basic background, who want an overview of C# and practical information on how they can develop in C# on the .NET platform. This book was written on the public beta release and while we can't guarantee that the final version will be identical, you can be sure that almost all of the concepts, examples and explanations will still be valid for the final release. What does this book cover?
• Explains what C# is and how it fits into the .NET Framework
• Concise introduction to all the main features of the C# language
• Developing applications with Visual Studio.NET
• Building web applications with ASP.NET
• Accessing databases with ADO.NET
• Creating Web Services in C#
• Creating and deploying .NET assemblies
• Integrating your existing COM components with managed applications
• Writing Windows applications using C# and Visual Studio.NET
• Examples of how to achieve real-world programming tasks in C#