The first complete guide to state-of-the-art online Help with HTML Help, DHTML, and CSS! The best way to create Help systems for Windows software is with Microsoft's advanced HTML Help system-and the best way to use HTML Help is to leverage the power of DHTML and Cascading Style Sheets at the same time. Building Enhanced HTML Help with DHTML & CSS shows you how to use all three technologies together Written by one of the first developers to create an industrial-strength HTML Help system, it delivers proven methodologies and instructions for building world-class Help systems with both Web technologies and traditional publishing strategies.
- Planning and designing sophisticated online Help systems
- Defining, building and compiling HTML Help projects
- Using HTML Help's advanced, CSS-based graphical look and feel
- Delivering enhanced interactivity through DHTML
- Navigation, cross-referencing, tables of contents, indexing, and more
- Merging modular files into a single online Help system
Along the way, Jeannine Klein identifies the most common problems that occur in real-world HTML Help construction-and presents detailed, proven solutions. Whether you're a technical writer, documentation manager, or developer, if you need to deliver the best possible Help, Building Enhanced HTML Help with DHTML & CSS is the complete sourcebook you've been looking for.