The second edition of Analytical Fluid Dynamics presents an expanded and updated treatment of inviscid and laminar viscous compressible flows from a theoretical view point. It emphasizes basic assumptions, physical aspects of the Flow, and the appropriate formulations of the governing equations for subsequent analytical all-numerical treatment.
Topics included are:
• Basic concepts
• A novel approach to linking complicated thermodynamics ta the equations of motion
• Shock-wave dynamics
• Calorically imperfect gas flows
• Supersonic sweep
• Shock-expansion interference
• Unsteady, one-dimensional Rows
• First- and second-order boundary-layer theory
Analytical Fluid Dynamics: Second Edition answers the continued need for fluid dynamics books that combine physical insight with careful development of the corresponding mathematics. With his focus on the development of analytical skills For dealing with inviscid and viscous Flow, the author achieves this goal and provides a text valuable as a research reference or a classroom text.
New in the Second Edition:
• Increased emphasis on practicality - more illustrative examples
• New chapters addressing inviscid Flow-the flow of a calorically imperfect gas, the effects, of sweep, the interference of an expansion wave with an oblique shock wave -and introducing the theory of characteristics and unsteady, one-dimensional Flow
• Expanded treatment of general viscous Flow, including a new chapter on the analysis of forces and moments
• New appendices, including one on oblique shock wave and one on Jacobian theory