Starting to build a Web site is simple enough - the hardware is cheap, the software is easy to install, and the market of potential visitors is huge. The problems Come as your site starts to grow and mature. Web sites are supposed to be enticing, and exciting, but how do you maintain and keep control of a fast-growing an ever-changing site, while still keeping it informative, accurate, and error-free? The answer is
automation, and Active Server Pages and the related technologies we make it possible to design your site so that it's easy to manage, maintain and update.
You won't see pages of setup information for Windows 2000, or a tutorial for ASP. What you will see is down-to-earth discussion of the issues that web programmers and administrators have to face daily, and real code solutions - for browser compatibility, dynamic page generation, visitor tracking, remote administration, security and much, much more. If you are building or administering a Windows 2000-based Web site, this book should be on your shelf.
Who is this Book For?
This book is intended for anyone building or maintaining an ASP website, so we assume you have basic scripting and database knowledge. The examples are designed to run on a Windows 2000 platform.
What Does This Book Cover?
• Tackles the issues that Webmasters and Web administrators have to face every day
• Shows you some real-world examples, taken from several busy public Web sites
• Contains plenty of working code examples you can use directly, or modify to suit your own site
• Provides SQL Server scripts that you can use to set up the databases shown in the book
• Helps you add dynamic features to your Web site quickly and painlessly
• Prepares you for the future, by overviewing many of the newest development technologies