This 140-page ebook covers how to handle many aspects of using MobileMe, including:
- Syncing-what to expect, handling problems, and more
- Various ways touse an iDiskfor storing and sharing files
- Setting up and using a MobileMeemail account
- Managingcalendar and contact dataon the MobileMe site
- Posting photos and videos onlinevia the Gallery and iLife '11 or '09
- Publishing a Web site to MobileMe's servers via iWeb
- UsingBack to My Macto get at the files and screen of one Mac from another
- Understanding what Apple's Backup, free with MobileMe, can and can't do, and whether it's a good choice for you
- Tracking your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch viaFind My iPhone
- Accessing youriDiskfrom an iOS device (with instructions for Apple's free iDisk app and notes on several third-party apps)
"Kissell cuts through [the syncing]thicket cleanly, with clear step-by-step instructions, with key caveats included.
The book also provides great detail - good for peace of mind..." --The Cherry Creek News
Read this book to learn the answers to questions such as:
- What are the primary features available in the MobileMe service?
- How do I set up MobileMe syncing on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How quickly should I expect MobileMe to sync my data?
- What types of data can sync only between Macs and what kinds of data can sync between Macs, Windows PCs, and iOS devices?
- How do I configure my MobileMe email account in my email software?
- How do I access my iDisk from Windows?
- How do I add movies and photos to my Web Gallery?
- Where in my MobileMe account does my iWeb-created site go?
- What should I do if I want to host a non-iWeb site in my MobileMe account?
- How can I configure my AirPort Extreme so it will work with Back to My Mac?
- How do I use the Find My iPhone app?