Keep your Mac running smoothly with our easy maintenance program!
Regular maintenance is necessary to avoid problems and to ensure your Mac runs at peak performance, but it's hard to know what to do and when to do it. Best-selling author Joe Kissell has now applied his commonsense approach to the task of maintaining your Mac, whether you use Tiger or Leopard! Learn how to start on the right foot; what you should do daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly; and how to prepare for Mac OS X updates.
Joe even explains how to monitor your Mac's health and debunks common panaceas.
Read this book to learn the answers to questions such as:
- How can I tell if my Mac is likely to have trouble?
- How can I find out which unnecessary files are taking up space on my disk?
- Should I defragment my hard disk and repair permissions regularly?
- What are the safest ways to clean dust and crud from my Mac?
- What is the best way to keep my software up to date?