Catel et Bocquet retracent le destin de la fascinante Joséphine Baker dans un magnifique roman (bio)graphique tout en noir et blanc. En 500 pages, les auteurs nous dévoilent toutes les facettes de cette femme emplie de convictions : muse de nombreux artistes, militante contre la ségrégation raciale, agent du contre-espionnage de la France Libre, mère adoptive d’une douzaine d’enfants venus d’horizons divers… elle était décidément bien plus qu’une danseuse de cabaret affublée d’une ceinture de bananes...
Inside, you'll find advice and steps for how to:
- Make Wi-Fi connections:Connect via Wi-Fi at home or work, at a public hotspot, and with (or without) various forms of security. Glenn discusses the more modern and favored WPA and WPA2 security methods, and he explains why WEP and MAC addressing should be avoided (but how to deal with them if you must). You'll also find tips for setting up your home network to best work with the 2.4 GHz 802.11n networking found in the iPhone 4 and fourth-generation iPod touch.
- Connect your iPhone via 3G:Decide which data plan to sign up for, and get advice on limiting your use of the 3G network to stay within the bounds of your plan. Although Glenn focuses on AT&T's plans in the United States, overall, the information he provides is appropriate for everyone, no matter where you are. You'll also find tips about traveling to a different country with your iPhone.
- Connect your iPod touch via 3G:Learn about alternative 3G plans (in the United States) that put various mobile devices on the Internet.
- Use Bluetooth:Connect Bluetooth devices, such as headsets and keyboards, to your iPhone or iPod touch. Also learn how peer-to-peer pairing lets you connect multiple iOS devices to play a game.
- Access remote documents:Learn how to access remote documents wirelessly and find steps for using a variety of file-sharing apps, including Air Sharing HD, GoodReader, Dropbox, and iDisk.
- Control a computer remotely:Use a third-party app on your iOS device to take control of other computers remotely. Specific steps are given for iTeleport and LogMeIn Ignition.
- Protect your data and privacy:Understand what aspects of your documents, passwords, and privacy could be at risk should the wrong person gain access to your device or its network communications. You'll get advice for how to take preventative actions, and learn what you can do if your device is lost or stolen.
Glenn Fleishman is a technology journalist based in Seattle, where he lives with his wife and two sons, both of whom are adept at accidentally pressing the Power button on his laptop. He's a contributing editor at TidBITS, responsible for much of their Web and publishing infrastructure; a columnist for the Seattle Times on all things Mac related; and a regular contributor to the Economist, Macworld, and Ars Technica. He appears regularly on his local public radio station, KUOW.