Read this 199-page ebook to learn how to: Set up BBEdit for maximum efficiency:
- Configure key standard and expert preferences for optimal usage.
- Sync BBEdit settings and support files between Macs using Dropbox.
- Create text factories that automate sequences of text processing commands.
- Create "clippings" of boilerplate text, complete with dynamic placeholders.
- Use Dropbox or a version control system to track versions of documents.
Start work on the right track:
- Collect multiple resources--including files, folders, and URLs--into a single project window.
- Use BBEdit's many options for opening and saving files.
- Work with remote files via BBEdit's FTP/SFTP browser windows. Type faster, search better, and automate repetitive bits:
- Control BBEdit with keyboard shortcuts.
- Write faster with text completion of words, code snippets, HTML tags, and more.
- Clean up text with spurious tabs, incorrect case, gremlin characters, and more.
- Search for and replace text across multiple documents at once.
- Learn how to use grep pattern matching for powerful searches.
- Write in Markdown, and preview Markdown documents.
Compare and collaborate effectively:
- Discover best practices for commenting and revision tracking.
- Compare multiple versions of documents. Run your Web site like a wizard:
- Create HTML and CSS files using BBEdit's effective, extensive markup tools.
- Preview dynamic pages locally with user-defined preview templates.
- Clean up old or badly coded Web pages.
- Build Web sites using templates and includes.
- Connect BBEdit to Fetch, Interarchy, or Transmit to edit remote files.
- Maintain Web sites in BBEdit using four different workflows.