Take the guesswork out of using regular expressions. With more than 140 practical recipes, this cookbook provides everything you need to solve a wide range of real-world problems. Novices will learn basic skills and tools, and programmers and experienced users will find a wealth of detail. Each recipe provides samples you can use right away.
NET. You'll learn powerful new tricks, avoid flavor-specific gotchas, and save valuable time with this huge library of practical solutions.
- Learn regular expressions basics through a detailed tutorial
- Use code listings to implement regular expressions with your language of choice
- Understand how regular expressions differ from language to language
- Handle common user input with recipes for validation and formatting
- Find and manipulate words, special characters, and lines of text
- Detect integers, floating-point numbers, and other numerical formats
- Parse source code and process log files
- Use regular expressions in URLs, paths, and IP addresses
- Manipulate HTML, XML, and data exchange formats
- Discover little-known regular expression tricks and techniques