Le nouveau Cherche et trouve de Little Urban, aussi coloré, déjanté et diablement amusant que le premier (A la recherche de la Carotte bleue), en très très grand format pour le plaisir de tout-petits !!! (Et des plus grands, qui trouvera en premier ?)
Get up to speed on Scala, the JVM language that offers all the benefits of a modern object model, functional programming, and an advanced type system. Packed with code examples, this comprehensive book shows you how to be productive with the language and ecosystem right away, and explains why Scala is ideal for today's highly scalable, data-centric applications that support concurrency and distribution.
This second edition covers recent language features, with new chapters on pattern matching, comprehensions, and advanced functional programming. You'll also learn about Scala's command-line tools, third-party tools, libraries, and language-aware plugins for editors and IDEs. This book is ideal for beginning and advanced Scala developers alike.
- Program faster with Scala's succinct and flexible syntax
- Dive into basic and advanced functional programming (FP) techniques
- Build killer big-data apps, using Scala's functional combinators
- Use traits for mixin composition and pattern matching for data extraction
- Learn the sophisticated type system that combines FP and object-oriented programming concepts
- Explore Scala-specific concurrency tools, including Akka
- Understand how to develop rich domain-specific languages
- Learn good design techniques for building scalable and robust Scala applications
Dean Wampler, Ph. D. is a Consultant for Typesafe, where he specializes in helping clients succeed with Scala and Functional Programming projects. He works with "Big Data" tools like Hadoop, Spark, and Machine Learning libraries, and Reactive tools like Akka and Play. Dean is an O'Reilly author and a frequent conference speaker and organizer. He has a Ph. D. in Physics from the University of Washington.
Alex Payne is Platform Lead at Twitter, where he develops services that enable programmers to build atop the popular social messaging service. Alex has previously built web applications for political campaigns, non-profits, and early-stage startups, and supported information security efforts for military and intelligence customers. In his free time, Alex studies, speaks, and writes about the history, present use, and evolution of programming languages, as well as minimalist art and design.