Get a solid grounding in all the fundamentals of Cocoa Touch, and avoid problems during iPhone and iPad app development. WithProgramming iOS 4, you'll dig into Cocoa and learn how to work effectively with Objective-C and Xcode. This book covers iOS 4 in a rigorous, orderly fashion-ideal whether you're approaching iOS for the first time or need a reference to bolster existing skills.
- Learn Objective-C language details and object-oriented programming concepts
- Understand the anatomy of an Xcode project and all the stages of its lifecycle
- Grasp key Cocoa concepts such as relationships between classes, receiving events, and model-view-controller architecture
- Knowhow views are managed, drawn, composited, and animated
- Delve into Cocoa frameworks for sound, video, sensors, maps, and more
- Touch on advanced topics such as threading and networking
- Obtain a thorough grounding for exploring advanced iOS features on your own