TheOracle SQLPlus Pocket Referenceis a must-have for anyone working with Oracle databases, especially those looking to maximize the effectiveness of SQLPlus. As Oracle's long-standing interactive query tool, SQLPlus is available at every Oracle site, from the largest data warehouse to the smallest single-user system. Despite its wide use, however, SQLPlus is still often not completely understood or fully utilized.
Database administrators and developers alike will therefore find theOracle SQLPlus Pocket Referenceto be extremely beneficial.
In addition to summarizing all of the SQLPlus syntax and format options, including new Oracle Database 10gfeatures, this handy, on-the-job guide specifically shows readers how to:
- Differentiate between SQL and SQLPlus
- Interact with SQLPlus from both the command line and the web browser
- Select, insert, update, and delete data
- Format both text and HTML reports with SQLPlus
- Specify SQLPlus commands and format elements
- Tune SQL queriesThe new third edition of this book has been updated for Oracle Database 10gto include information on both SQL*Plus and SQL.
New SQL information includes the SELECT statement's new MODEL clause, flashback queries, partition outer joins, and DBMS_XPLAN.
With its quick-reference format and compact size, theOracle SQLPlus Pocket Referencefollows in the long line of successful"pocket references"offered by O'Reilly. It also serves as the ideal companion to O'Reilly's larger, more comprehensive book on SQLPlus, the bestsellingOracleSQL*Plus: The Definitive Guide.
Author Jonathan Gennick is an editor for O'Reilly specializing in database and programming titles, having amassed some 17 years of programming and database management experience.