Pick up where certification exams leave off. With this practical, in-depth guide to the entire network infrastructure, you'll learn how to deal with real Cisco networks, rather than the hypothetical situations presented on exams like the CCNA. Network Warriortakes you step by step through the world of routers, switches, firewalls, and other technologies based on the author's extensive field experience.
You'll find new content for MPLS, IPv6, VoIP, and wireless in this completely revised second edition, along with examples of Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches throughout.
- An in-depth view of routers and routing
- Switching, using Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches as examples
- SOHO VoIP and SOHO wireless access point design and configuration
- Introduction to IPv6 with configuration examples
- Telecom technologies in the data-networking world, including T1, DS3, frame relay, and MPLS
- Security, firewall theory, and configuration, as well as ACL and authentication
- Quality of Service (QoS), with an emphasis on low-latency queuing (LLQ)
- IP address allocation, Network Time Protocol (NTP), and device failures