JUNOS Enterprise Switching is the only detailed technical book on Juniper Networks' new Ethernet-switching EX product platform. With this book, you'll learn all about the hardware and ASIC design prowess of the EX platform, as well as the JUNOS Software that powers it. Not only is this extremely practical book a useful, hands-on manual to the EX platform, it also makes an excellent study guide for certification exams in the JNTCP enterprise tracks.
The authors have based JUNOS Enterprise Switching on their own Juniper training practices and programs, as well as the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting guidelines they created for their bestselling companion book, JUNOS Enterprise Routing. Using a mix of test cases, case studies, use cases, and tangential answers to real-world problems, this book covers:
- Enterprise switching and virtual LANs (VLANs)
- The Spanning tree protocol and why it's needed
- Inter-VLAN routing, including route tables and preferences
- Routing policy and firewall filters
- Switching security, such as DHCP snooping
- Telephony integration, including VLAN voice
Part of the Juniper Networks Technical Library, JUNOS Enterprise Switching provides all-inclusive coverage of the Juniper Networks EX product platform, including architecture and packet flow, management options, user interface options, and complete details on JUNOS switch deployment.